Yes, you can keep mac and cheese warm in a slow cooker. When you are using a crock pot to make yummy mac and cheese, then the best way is to put it on warm after you are done cooking and it will remain warm and creamy for hours. To maintain the temperature you can use a thermometer.
I am not finished yet because to properly keep them warm you’ll; have to follow some instructions. Below I’ve discussed them in proper detail So keep on reading till the end.
How to Keep Mac And Cheese Warm in a Crock Pot?
Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? The recipe is much easier when cooked in a slow cooker. But no one likes it cold. To keep you away from the common stress of serving this dish warm, the solution is simple You can put your slow cooker on a warm setting and it will keep your cooked mac and cheese warm for hours.
Here is a step-by-step guide for your convenience.
- Take a clean crockpot and preheat it before heading ahead toward any recipe steps. You can select ‘warm’ or ‘low’ from the settings for preheating the pot.
- Spray some non-stick cooking oil to prevent the mac and cheese from sticking to the pot.
- Then you can cook the whole recipe inside the pot. Otherwise, even if you cook it in another pan, you can put the cooked macaroni inside in this step. If you wish, you can add a little bit of milk or water to keep it creamy.
- Make sure, never to fill the pot completely. Try to maintain a two-thirds or half ratio. This space helps whenever you need to stir.
- The most important thing is to take care of the proper temperature. Or else, the food is affected by bacteria. So, you should better use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature remains at 150° F.
- To avoid sticking the mac and cheese, take off the lid every 15-30 minutes and give it a good stir. Keep the lid on for the rest of the time.
Besides, you may read how to warm up turkey in the crock pot.
How To Keep Mac And Cheese From Drying Out In A Crock Pot?
This is a commonly asked question. There are some tips and tricks you can follow to avoid your macken cheese from drying out in a crock pot. First of all, use milk instead of water. It results in a creamier sauce.
Another easy trick is to apply some nonstick cooking spray inside the cooker so that the mac and cheese do not stick to the cooker. Don’t worry, it won’t add extra fat and calories. Also, when cooking the macaroni, add some olive oil when it becomes cool. It adds flavor as well as keeps them from sticking to each other.
How Long Can Mac And Cheese Sit In Crock Pot?
The average time to cook cheese in a crock pot is about 1 to 2 hours on high or 3 to 4 hours on low. Usually, the hour mark is labeled 3 as the lowest and 1 as the highest temperature setting. Do not undercook or overcook the macaroni.
Before you turn off the heat, make sure to check the perfect doneness of the macaroni with the fork. Pull one from the middle to know the overall tenderness. After it’s done, let it cool for about 30 minutes and mix it with sauce. Wait for at least 10 to 15 minutes before you dig in. This way the mac and cheese have the perfect texture.
By now you’ve learned the answer to your question – can you keep mac and cheese warm in a slow cooker? The answer is positive and I’ve also shown the way to do it. However, make sure you’re aware of the temperature and use the right temperature rating.
So, I hope next time you’ll face no more issues in keeping the mac and cheese warm for a long time.