You can cook hot dogs in a crock pot using different methods. The easiest method is to put the hotdogs in the crockpot and then set the setting to high and cook for 2 hours. If the setting is low, then cook for 4 hours. Finally, until you add the topping, keep it in the warm setting.
Here you just found the summary of the article. If you really want to cook, you should continue reading the article till the end. In this article, I’ve entirely discussed how to cook hot dogs in a slow cooker. So, let’s move on to the main segment.
How Many Ways Can You Cook Hot Dogs In Crock Pot?
Cooking hot dogs for only a few guests or for a crowd, you can always use a crockpot. Using a crockpot might take a little extra time but it will completely make the job done.
Now there are mainly 2 ways of cooking hot dogs and 2 different settings.
- Cooking hot dogs in a crockpot without water on high
- Cooking hot dogs in a crockpot without water on Low
- Cooking hot dogs in a crockpot with water on high
- Cooking hot dogs in a crockpot with water on low
In this segment, you’ll learn everything in detail. Here the most popular way is to cook hot dogs without water because no one wants extra hassle. So let’s see how to do it. But before that, let’s get the nutritional value of the hot dogs we’ll cook.
|Total Calories – 51kcal|
How to Cook Hot Dogs in Crock Pot Without Water?
As usual, the process is very easy. But Before that, let’s learn about the ingredients.
- 2 hours 5 minutes (On High)
- 4 hours 5 minutes (On Low)
- 10-50 hot dogs
Cooking Instructions (On High)
- First, get your crockpot clean and ready for cooking. Before you start cooking, set it into the high setting.
- Then, place the hot dogs into the crockpot. I recommend putting them vertically. Make sure you’re not adding water.
- As you are cooking on high, cook for 1-2 hours.
- Everything is done; it’s time to add toppings.
- If you plan to serve the hot dogs later, change the crockpot setting to Warm and serve string from the slow cooker.
Cooking Instructions (On Low)
The cooking instruction is the same for low as high. Only there will be 2 changes which I will be discussing below.
- Change the setting to Low.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low. (In low setting, the time requirement is always higher)
How to Cook hot dogs in a Crock Pot With Water
Cooking hot dogs with water isn’t always the most popular method. However, if you like the boiling taste, then it will be great for you. Let’s see how to cook hot dogs in different settings with water in a crockpot.
- 2 hours and 5 minutes (On High)
- 4 hours and 5 minutes (On Low)
- 24 hot dogs (48 ounces)
- 1 cup water
Cooking Directions (On high)
- First, set the crockpot on high setting.
- Next, put a cup of water into the crockpot.
- After that, place the hot dogs
- Now cook the hot dogs for 2 hours.
- Finally, get the crockpot into the Warm setting and let it stay in the crockpot until you serve it.
Cooking Directions (On Low)
The process is almost similar to the high setting. But in the low setting, keep the setting low and cook for 4 hours.
Experts Tips: Here, I’ve mentioned the recipe for 24 hot dogs (48 ounces). In that case, you will have to add 1 cup of water. But if the amount is higher (2x)/96 ounces, you’ll have to add 2 cups of water. And when it’s 3x/144 ounces, then add 3 cups of water.
Post-Cooking Process for Hot Dogs
Your hot dogs are now cooked, but to serve them in the best way, there are some additional tasks. I know all of you are waiting for this segment. So, let’s dig in.
- First, get your crockpot on the table. Make sure to keep it on the warm setting. Also, gather tongs, buns, relish, cheese, and other condiments.
- Next, take the bun, and if you want, add some sauce to it.
- Now, take any brush or spoon and spread the sauce through the bun.
- Then, place the hotdog sausage into the bun.
- Next, add dressing such as pickles, chili, onion, or other sauces.
Your hot dogs are now done. They are ready to serve the guests.
Which Method Is Recommended – Cooking hot dogs with water Or Without Water?
With most people’s choices, I would also suggest cooking hot dogs without water. Below I’m giving the logic of why you shouldn’t add water to hot dogs.
The first thing is hot dogs are moist enough to create steam. They release enough moisture to turn out the hotdog wonderfully. However, for a boiling flavor, you can add water.
Besides, You may read this article; How to Reheat Turkey in a Crockpot?
What to Serve With hot dogs?
After preparing hot dogs, if you are thinking of some side dishes for serving with hot dogs, then this segment is for you. In this segment, I’ve listed some of the best side dishes for hot dogs.
- French Fries
- Pasta Salad
- Coleslaw with a Hawaiian Twist
- Baked Beans
- Fruit Salad
- Vegetable Salads.
How Many Hot Dogs Can I Put in a Crock Pot?
If you’re targeting to cook hot dogs for a party, then one of your concerns will be how many hotdogs you can place in the crockpot. Well, if you’ve a crock pot of 4 quarts, then you can place 48 regular-length hot dogs. And you’ve a crock pot of 6 quarts, then you cook 64 regular-length hot dogs using it.
Note: The amount is given only if you place the hot dogs vertically into the crock pot.
I think now you are prepared to cook hog togs in your crock pot. The process is very simple. Make sure you are aware of the settings and cooking time.
Once again I suggest not putting water in the crock pot. And another tip is to cook the hot dogs by placing them vertically. It will allow you to cook more hot dogs at a time.
That’s all for now, I wish you all the best for cooking your next hot dogs.